- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 2 pieces cubed white bread
- In a large bowl combine onion, garlic, thyme, sage, hot sauce, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Stir to blend. Pour over meat. Add bread cubes and gently fold the meat and spice mixture until mixed.
- Form mixture into a loaf.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place loaf in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 60 to 75 minutes or to 160° on an instant read thermometer. Serves 6 to 8.
- Place loaf on a double piece of heavy duty foil, fashion. Brush with barbecue sauce, if desired.
- Heat the grill. Try to keep the grill temperature steady at a medium heat of around 350°, and use a heavy duty disposable aluminum pan or double thickness of heavy duty foil.
- Grill over indirect heat for 1 to 1-½ hours, or to 160° on an instant read thermometer.
|Amount per serving:
| Saturated Fat:
| Monounsaturated Fat:
| Polyunsaturated Fat:
| Trans Fat:
| Dietary Fiber:
Copyright © 1990 - 2022 John Hultgren Photography. John Hultgren Photography is a registered trademark.
All rights reserved. All photographs are registered with the United States Copyright Office and protected by international treaties. Photos may not be copied, reproduced, retransmitted, or archived without express permission.